Five Ways Golfers Can Maximize The Tidewater Golf Club Experience
CHERRY GROVE, S.C. – Group leaders are furiously planning spring golf trips to Myrtle Beach, S.C., and Tidewater Golf Club is the centerpiece of many of those vacation dreams.
Tidewater is, by consensus, one of the premier layouts not just in Myrtle Beach but all of South Carolina, and the reasons to play a course renowned for its stunning beauty are many. The only course in Myrtle Beach routed along the Intracoastal Waterway and Cherry Grove Inlet, here five things golfers can do to maximize the Tidewater experience.
● Document the day in photos. With nine holes that play along the Intracoastal or Cherry Grove, the next to-pretty-to-believe challenge is never far away. The views along the inlet, particularly on the sweeping par 4, fourth hole, are unforgettable. The 13th green even offers a distant view of the nearby Atlantic Ocean. Take pictures and argue later about which hole is prettiest. The list of candidates is long.
● Take advantage of the par 5s. Tidewater provides a stern test, but the par 5s, none of which play longer than 482 yards from the white tees, provide birdie opportunities. There are no forced carries and distance isn’t an issue on the 3-shotters, providing players a bit of cushion.
● The holes along the water, understandably, attract all the attention, but golfers shouldn’t overlook the course’s inland challenges. Playing through a maritime forest, the par 4s are at the heart of Tidewater strength, particularly the 411-yard 14th, known as “Randall’s Campsite.” The layout is strong throughout, anchored by holes that won’t demand selfies but will require quality golf shots.
● There are several golf packages featuring Tidewater, but few are better than the Myrtle Beach Elite. The three-round offer allows group leaders to pair Tidewater with Prestwick Country Club, Arrowhead Country Club and Arcadian Shores Golf Club, creating one of the area’s most popular trips.
● Tidewater Grille, located in the clubhouse, is outstanding, featuring fresh, daily specials made with locally sourced ingredients, and in an era of soaring food costs, the prices are unmatched. The grille is owned and operated by a local restaurateur and it’s the perfect way to cap a memorable round at Tidewater.
For more information or to book a tee time, visit, visit www.TidewaterGolf.com.
For more information or to book golf we recommend calling your favorite golf package provider. If you need a list of golf package providers please contact us at 843-466-8754 or email me (Pierre Rattini, Director of Marketing) [email protected]